HealthPRO Hosts RFP Information Session for Suppliers
On Friday, March 2, 2018, HealthPRO, along with members from its Pharmacy Advisory Council, welcomed 59 suppliers from 39 pharmaceutical companies to an information session on the upcoming RFPs for General Trade and Oncology products.
The event covered the RFP submission process, timelines and expectations for contracts in the Pharmacy Services, Pharmacy Specialties and Pharmacy Innovation portfolios. Key discussions included:
- Importance of barcoding and ideal labelling
- Scoring and the respective weighting of important components
- Need for cytotoxic medications to be compatible with Closed System Transfer Devices (CSTD) and robotics
- Importance of cytoprotective sheaths on oncology injectables, as well as a ‘ship clean’ process
- Importance of unit dose format for oncology oral solids RFP given number of hazardous drugs included
“It’s always better to be armed with more information at the onset of the RFP process,” noted Samir Acharya, Executive Vice President, SteriMax. “And having the information presented in this format – in a live environment – is very helpful to suppliers.”
The event also enabled members and suppliers to engage in dialogue directly.
“This forum provides a great opportunity to address many suppliers at once,” noted Roberta Baker, Director, Central Zone, Nova Scotia Health Authority. “Ultimately, the reason we come together and do what we do is for the safety of the patients.”
For more information, please contact:
Business Director, Pharmacy Services